Now that we have finally moved through that EPIC full moon energy, time to shift into New Moon mode! On the 15th/16th we have a New Moon in Aquarius AND a partial solar eclipse during that to certainly pack a punch, not to mention the Chinese New year beings! Let's break it down and see what we are in for!
What does the New Moon mean for me?
New Moon energy is absolutely amazing for manifesting. For those of you who aren't too familiar with manifesting or the Law of Attraction- it is the idea (or law) that we create out reality with our vibration and our thoughts. It's the idea that you can consciously create events and things coming in to your life through what you focus on. A manifestation is when something in the mind (an idea or a desire) is brought into the physical- as an example one morning you can visualize getting a really amazing cup of coffee and end up receiving a free cup of coffee later in the day. You can manifest small things like that or big things- but I am not going to get too deep into that since this isn't a post about manifestation- it's just fun to think about!
Anyway the new moon's energy is a fantastic time to start planting seeds of desire FOR what you wish to manifest. It is the beginning of a new cycle, and many people utilize this "new" energy to get the wheels turning on new ideas or desires they want to make physical. So if you are looking to start something new- a relationship, a job, or even embodying a new version of yourself RIGHT NOW is a good time to get started.
An exercise to try for this is to make a list of what you are looking for in your desires:
Make a detailed list of the attributes and FEELINGS of what you are looking to bring in to your life and spend time tuning in to the feeling place of having it. This will shift your vibration to be more aligned with the things that you want, and in turn, make them manifest physically faster for you. This new moon energy will only amplify that!
Other than using this time for manifesting, as I said the New Moon is about cycles beginning and new things unfolding. During this time you may find new insights or ideas or inspirations coming to surface that will help propel you forward. It would also be a good idea during this New Moon to take a look at your life and see if there are any goals worth setting for yourself. Making a list of goals, and seeing them written down will seem like a contract with yourself- and while you look at these goals don't see them as things "out of reach" just guidelines to where you are headed- seeing them this way will make getting there more easy and MUCH more fun.
It may also be a good time to try looking at things in a different way or with a new perspective. You would be surprised just how many things are easily solved by trying to see them in a new point of view or from a more objective standpoint. We let go of SO MANY THINGS a few weeks ago with the full moon eclipse, so stepping into new ideas and being as open as you can to what is coming up for you is a good use of your energy right now.
New Moon in Aquarius
Now this new moon and solar eclipse is in the sign of Aquarius. This sign is the "visionary" of the Zodiac, which is more than fitting for this new moon. This new moon is really going to set the tone of the year for you, especially after releasing what you have in the past. January was all about releasing and February will be all about welcoming the new. Now is not the time for holding back, if anything you should be stepping up, stepping in, and claiming exactly what it is that you want with full conviction and confidence.
You may also find any unanswered questions that came up during the previous full moon a few weeks ago will have new insights come to surface during this new moon. Let the new answers come to you on their own, you don't have to do any forcing or willing the into existence, remember that the answer to any problem exists- and will find it's way to you when the time is right!
During this new moon look towards your future, set plans in motion, be ready to move forward and ask for insight to do so- you WILL receive it! A very good question to ask yourself with this energy is "what do I need in order to feel complete?" and see what ideas or inspirations come to the surface.
Year of the Dog
On the 16th it is also the Chinese New Year, we move from the year of the rooster to the year of the dog! This years' energy matches the number 2 in numerology which will guide you to teaming up in various ways, whether it is in the work place, relationship wise, or in other aspects. The Earth energy of the Dog is going to help us in matters of manifesting and staying grounded in our reality and what we create for ourself. Communication during the next few weeks is going to be crucial as we move into this new year. Remaining clear and open minded with those around you will go far and you may find ideas or things you strongly oppose may come to the forefront for you to face once and for all.
The Dog sits in the 11th house of the Chinese Zodiac, 11 being the master number, the number of manifestation. Another perfect time to start planting the seeds of that which you desire! Both the 11 and the 2 offer an idea of duality which is why you will find dark and light times in the year ahead AND why companionship in some way will likely make itself into your life in this coming year. This may be in the work place, in love, or a relationship already in existence become amplified and stronger. The Dog is a loyal and caring creature so you will find yourself sticking to those you feel close to and some bonds becoming stronger than ever!
A Partial Solar Eclipse is Upon us
Unfortunately, the sun will still be visible to us, but the impact of this partial solar eclipse will remain strong as ever!
Having this happen during the new moon in Aquarius you will be guided to see your actions and how they effect those around you. You will feel yourself being compelled to look at "the bigger picture" and act accordingly.
However with all eclipses, there is going to be an aspect of our shadow selves coming out. Any purging you did during the last lunar eclipse a few weeks ago will really be pushing through during this solar eclipse. The lunar eclipse focused more on how you FELT whereas this partial solar eclipse will focus on how you ACT and portray yourself to the world. This is where old habits will die hard as you head into this "new year". It may be a process to finally let go of those things you do not need but it will be a big pay off so do not discount it's importance!
Because that was a whole lot to read and take in...
- This is a time of new beginnings, now is not the time to get stuck on what was but rather what can be.
- Communication is key with all relationships right now, remain open!
- Allow the last bits of what you were releasing during the lunar eclipse a few weeks ago to fully release!
- Face your shadow self, the past of you that you hide away, introspection will be your friend when it comes to forward momentum.
- List where you expect to be, goals are important.
- List what you expect for YOURSELF in all aspects of life, see these not as ideas or desires but as actual probabilities for your future. Revisit this list often.
- Ask yourself what you wish to bring in to this "new year" and act accordingly.
- Remain objective and try looking objectively at what is going on in your life, you may be surprised at what is revealed to you when you do so.
Try This New Moon Ritual
If you're into that sort of thing, here is a ritual to try the night of the new moon (the 15th) to bring in some new epic things!
You will need:
1. A pen
2. 2 pieces of paper
3. A lighter (or) match/ a candle/ fire
4. A plant with soil (or) a place outside
- Write down on a piece of paper everything you are wishing to release from your reality. They can be leftover from the lunar eclipse, new things, habits, relationships, write it all down!
- On a separate piece of paper make a list of everything you expect for yourself for this new year. Write all you desire KNOWING they are going to come about in some way during this calendar year, in the best ways.
- Outside with your list of what you wish to release under the new moon's energy you will review you list. Review it out loud or in your mind and set it ablaze (safely) releasing the ash and smoke into the air, allowing the new moon's energy to help you to release it. As you do this take a few deep breaths feeling yourself really purge this from your system.
- Now with your list of what you wish to bring in, or "plant" in this new year you will need either a plant with soil or a spot outside you can make a small hole. Review your list of what you are bringing in, feel each desire as if you already have it. Once you feel as though you have these things locked in, physically plant this list under the new moon's energy. If you are in a snowy part of the world this is why using a plant can be helpful, if not plant it into mother earth. You will thereby be physically planting your desires in this new moon. Don't be surprised how quickly these things take root and start to come in to your life.
This ritual is very fun and very therapeutic! I hop y'all enjoy it as much as I do!
I hope you all have a fabulous time planting seeds during this new moon!
Love and Light,